We will use the personal data gathered over this website as set out in this policy. Below you will find information on how we use your personal data, for which purposes your personal data is used, with whom it is shared and what control and information rights you may have.
I. Summary of our processing activities
The following summary provides you with a quick overview of the processing activities that are undertaken on our website. You will find more detailed information under the indicated sections below.
- When you visit our website without setting up an account, only limited personal data will be processed to provide you with the website itself (see section III).
- When you register for one of our services (e.g., discussion forums, courses, degree certificate programs, blogs, media portals or journal services) or subscribe to our newsletter, further personal data will be processed for the function, support and development of such services (see sections IV, V and VI).
- Furthermore, your personal data will be used to provide you with advertising of our services and products (see section VIII) and for statistical analysis that helps us to improve our website (see section IX). Additionally, we may utilize your personal data to improve your website experience with third party content (see section X).
- Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties (see section XI) that might be located outside your country of residence; different data protection standards may potentially apply (see section XII).
- We have implemented appropriate safeguards to secure your personal data (see section XIII) and retain your personal data only as long as necessary (see section XIV).
- Personal data: means any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, email address, an identification number, location data or an online identifier.
- Processing: means any operation which is performed on personal data, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, analysis, adaptation or any kind of disclosure or other use.
- Intellectual Property (IP): Intellectual property is a category of property that includes intangible creations of the human intellect. Intellectual property includes but is not limited to text, course materials, photographs, video, audio and graphics, goods, designs, information, applications, software, music, audio files, articles, directories, guides, trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dresses, copyrights, logos, domain names, code, and patents.
III. Informational use of the Website
When you visit our website for informational reasons, i.e., without registering for any of our provided services and without providing us with personal data in any other form, we may automatically collect additional information about you which will contain personal data only in limited cases and which is automatically recognized by our server. This collected information includes:
- the website from which you have been directed
- the date and time of your requests
- your device type, screen resolution and browser version
- your internet service provider
- information on your operating system, including your language settings
- information on the offers you have visited on our website
We use such information only to assist us in providing an effective service (e.g., to adapt our website to the needs of your device or to allow you to effectively use our website), and to collect broad demographic information for anonymized, aggregated use.
IV. Registration for our services
Our website offers a media portal, access to courses, degree certificate programs, digital content, the option to obtain newsletters and special author and trainer services. In order to use the aforementioned services, you may be asked to set up an account. With regard to the registration of an account and its subsequent use, we process:
- Information (such as your legal name and email address) that is provided by registration
- Information in connection with an account sign-in facility (e.g., log-in and password details)
- Communications sent by you (e.g., via e-mail or website communication forms)
Whenever you complete transactions using our website, e.g., purchasing a publication or course, further data processing processes may take place.
We will process the personal data you provide to:
- Identify you at sign-in
- Provide you with the services and information offered through the website or which you request
- Administer your account
- Process fees and payments
- Communicate with you
- Conduct behavioural profiling
The use of your personal data for behavioural profiling is done for the legitimate interest to improve your experience of using the website.
Your personal data is, in the absence of exceptions within the specific services mentioned below, retained for as long as your user account is used. After deletion of your account, your personal data will be blocked and erased. Statutory storage obligations or the need for legal actions that may arise from misconduct within the services or payment problems can lead to a longer retention of your personal data.
You may use our website only if you can form a binding contract with AARSH, and only in compliance with this policy and all applicable laws. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is strictly prohibited. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect personal data from anyone we know to be under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 13, we will make a reasonable effort to delete such information as soon as practically possible.
V. Information about the specific uses that require registration
For the use of the following services, you have to set up an account. Your account retains your personal data for future interactions and other activity.
1. Online Purchasing
AARSH reserves the right at any time to charge fees for access to portions of the website or any associated IP. This includes, but is not limited to AARSH’s subscription services, courses, degree certificate programs, audio streaming/downloads or video viewing/downloads. AARSH provides you with the ability to pay for such services using a credit card or other methods through a third-party payment processing service provider. Please note that our service provider, not AARSH, collects and processes your financial information.
2. Author and Instructor Services
If you use the author and instructor services, the required data are retained for the duration of the process plus a security period.
3. Course and Activity Services
If you desire to participate in any course or activity, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such a course or activity. This information may include, but is not limited to your legal name, email address and basic personal information.
If you participate in a course or activity, we may collect certain user-generated content, such as the assignments or responses you submit. We also collect course data, such as responses to quizzes, exams and surveys. You should not include any personal data or other information of a personal or sensitive nature, whether relating to you or another person, on assignments, quizzes, exams, or surveys, except when absolutely required.
We use personal data that we collect from you when you participate in a course or activity through the website for processing purposes, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress and completion of a course and activity.
4. Other Services
To provide certain save functionalities we need your log-in data to identify you and to provide the stored results.
VI. Newsletter and Mailing List Services
With your email address you can subscribe to our newsletter or mailing list service which provides you with the latest news about events and services, if you consent to receiving such newsletters. These communications may also contain topic-specific advertisements. Your email address and relevant contact information will be retained when you subscribe to these services.
You may freely unsubscribe from these services at any time by following the instructions provided.
VII. Automated Decision Making
We do not use your personal data for automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
VIII. Online Advertising
This website may use online advertising services to present you with ads that meet your interests. Respective advertisement is labelled with the name of the provider, e.g., “Google-Ad”. Such service helps us to improve our website. In order to effectively present advertisement that aggregate your experience with our website, we collect statistical information about you that will be processed by the advertisement provider. This processing represents our legitimate interest to improve your website experience and to promote our products and services.
Providers will be automatically informed about your visit on our website. For such purpose, a web beacon is used to place a cookie on your computer.
Please note that we neither have the control of the extent of personal data that is collected by the respective plug-in provider nor do we know the processing’s purpose or the period your personal data will be retained. Depending on the provider your personal data may be transferred to and processed in other countries. For further information about the potential risks of a cross border data transfer please refer to section XII.
It is possible that a provider discloses your personal data to its business partners, third parties or authorities.
You can prevent the installation of such a cookie
- by a respective setting of your browser that blocks the installation of third-party cookies,
- by deactivating the provider’s interest-related advertising under the link mentioned in the provider details,
- or generally blocking cookies under e.g http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin.
For statistical analyses we use web analytics services to collect information about the use of this site.
General Tracking Information
Our website uses tools to collect information such as:
- your device and browser information (operating system information, Mobile device identifier, mobile operating system, etc.)
- your IP address
- the page(s) you access,
- your URL click stream (the chronological order of our internet sites you visited)
- your geographic location
- your time of visit and duration of visit
- the referring site, application, or service from which you visited our website
We use the information we get from the providers only to determine the most useful information you are looking for and to improve and optimize this website.
Depending on the provider, the information generated about your use of the website may be transferred to and processed in third countries, e.g. the United States. For further information about the potential risks of a cross border data transfer please refer to section XII. Our website uses tools to collect the IP address assigned to you on the date and time you visited this site. The provider will use this information in order to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide other services relating to website and internet use to us.
The use of these tools represents our legitimate interest to analyse our website’s traffic to improve the user’s experience and to optimize the website.
X. Third Party Content and Social Media Plug-ins
We may potentially use third party products and or/services for integration with AARSH’s services, including but not limited to social media plug-ins such as Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter or services such as Vimeo (collectively, “Third-Party Services”). These Third-Party Services allow you to communicate with such products and like or comment from our website. Third-Party Services enable a direct communication between your device and the servers of the third-party provider, allowing the provider to communicate with you and collect information about you browsing our website. Third-Party Services may collect personal data whether you have an account with the provider or not. Please note that we neither have the control of the extent of personal data that is collected by the respective Third-Party Services nor do we know the processing’s purpose or the period your personal data will be retained. AARSH does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Services. Your access and/or use of all such Third-Party Services are at your own risk.
Further information about the processing of your personal data in the provider’s course of operation is provided via. their respective privacy policies.
XI. Information Sharing
Your personal data will only be disclosed to a third party to the extent necessary to fulfil our contractual relationship (if at all).
We may disclose anonymous aggregate statistics about users of the website in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes.
If you participate in an activity such as homework, quizzes, exams, projects, assignments, courses, diplomas and events through the website, we may also disclose your personal data, general data (including content submission and your performance in any given activity) and demographic data with activity administrators, who are involved in the creation, modification, or operation of the activity, and our affiliated partners.
Information sharing will be based on data processing agreements. Therefore, our contractors will only use your personal data to the extent necessary to perform their functions and will be contractually bound to process your personal data in compliance with our requests.
In the event that we undergo re-organization, any personal data we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organized entity or third party in compliance with applicable laws.
We may disclose your personal data, if legally entitled or required to do so (for example if required by law or by a court order).
XII. Cross Border Data Transfers
Within the scope of our information sharing activities set out above, your personal data may be transferred to other countries, which may have different data protection standards from your country of residence. Please note that data processed in a foreign country may be subject to foreign laws and accessible to foreign governments, courts, law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary to ensure that only authorized personnel have access to our users’ personal data. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we conduct reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via. our website whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
XIV. Data Retention
We strive to keep our processing activities with respect to your personal data as limited as possible. In the absence of specific retention periods set out in this policy, your personal data will be retained only for as long as we need it to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it and, if applicable, as long as required by statutory retention requirements.
XV. Contacting Us
The information you provide when contacting us will be processed to handle your request.
XVI. Amendments to this Policy